- Day 1
- Michi-no Eki Ogimi, Yanbaru-no Mori Visitor's Center
- Check-in, welcome drinks
- Enjoy the view of the ocean and sunset at the town center of Motobu
- Dinner & Awamori at Kamekura (Motobu Town)
- Awamori Set served in the guestrooms back at the hotel
- Day 2
- Tour of Yamakawa Shuzo distillery
- Tour of Sakimoto cellar (within Ryukyu Mura)
- Cellar tour will be limited to one location.
- Tour ends in 1 hour upon arrival.
The brewery we visited on this tour.
Yamakawa shuzo Co., Ltd.
Located on the Motobu Peninsula, this distillery was founded in 1946 on the banks of the Mannagawa River that flows through the rich nature of Mt. Yaedake in Motobu Town. With their firm belief that "water is what gives Sake life," they brew their Awamori using the abundant flow of water from the springs in the mountains.
- 58 Namizato, Motobu Town, Kunigami, Okinawa
The distillery was founded in Shuri in 1902, and in July of 2020, relocated to Ryukyu Mura, a theme park that spotlights the culture and nature of Okinawa. Sakimoto Shuzo has protected and passed on the traditional ways of producing Awamori for over 100 years. A truly unique fusion of age-old tradition and a theme park.
- 1437-1 Yamada, Onna Village, Kunigami, Okinawa